Software testing is not just a single process but it consists of various stages depending on different phases. There are various software test automation companies which provide all necessary Software Testing for your product.
Test automation in software testing is need of the hour. The three basic phases of application or Software testing are listed below;
- Alpha Testing
This is the initial Software testing phase in which the Quality Assurance and the Software development team checks and evaluates the application for any visible fault or loophole that were neglected before. The software is tested in real – life environmental conditions by the developers.
Types of Alpha Software Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Sanity Testing
- Integration Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- User Interface Testing
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
Advantages of Alpha Testing
- Helps in addressing any issues that were neglected earlier.
- Alpha Testing enables a faster process of getting approval from the client to product delivery.
- The product is tested to assess the application or software’s behavior by developers and testers, trying to be like end users and copying their actions.
- Any defect, error or bug reported is immediately transferred to the Software Development team and addressed by them accordingly.
- The product which has passed in the Alpha Testing stage is ready for an Alpha release.
- Beta Testing
This is second phase of Testing which is conducted by the end users and is also known as pre – release Testing. This is done just before the product launch and delivery.
Types of Beta Software Testing
- Open Beta Testing – This is available for anyone who is interested in testing the application or software.
- Closed Beta Testing – This is not readily available for everyone, but for the ones that are selected to conduct the test.
Advantages of Beta Testing
- It helps in verifying the product’s compatibility with different hardware configurations.
- User’s feedback is essential for Software’s functionality.
- Any bugs or defects which are neglected in initial Testing phases are discovered in Beta Testing stage.
- Beta Testing helps in identifying the gaps between the product requirements and their implementation while developing the Software.
- The software which has passed this testing stage is ready for its Beta release.
- Gamma Testing
This is considered as the last leg of Software Testing which is done by a limited number of end-users without the interference of any testers, just prior to its release.
Advantages of Gamma Testing
- It makes sure that the product is market ready and functions the correct way.
- Only the end users perform this Testing and the reviews and feedbacks received from them are used for update versions.
- It basically aims at the product’s security and functionality.
- Gamma Testing verifies the application or software’s specifications.
Hike QA offers the best software test automation services for your mobile or website based application or software. With effective manual and cloud automated testing your product is ready for its launch in the market.