Technology has changed the way that we live our lives, and it is changing the way that we do business as well. One such emerging technology is software and app testing.
With so many new technologies coming out every day, how can businesses stay on top of them all? Well, this post will help you find some answers to those questions! Companies have countless opportunities in this ever-changing landscape, from microservices to containers, from DevOps to Big Data, from mobile applications to IoT.
But where do you start? How can you make sure your organization isn’t left behind? There’s hope yet – read on and learn more about these emerging technologies and their potential impact on your business!
Developers have always been very focused on their code and applications. However, when it comes to “testing”, they often tend to add a disclaimer such as:
“This software hasn’t been tested yet”. This refers mainly to UI testing because if the analyst has written good test scripts for the business logic, this would be a separate task to verify the application with UI activities.
Testers have been using automation to ease their burden on repetitive tasks. However, if you are about to embark on testing house banks or mobile banking systems, other emerging technologies can assist your testing efforts.
Some of the new emerging software testing and quality management techniques and tools available for testers:
- API Testing: APIs play a vital role in our everyday life. We often see them on the websites of big companies such as Facebook and Twitter. They enable you to connect your systems. This results in a better user experience and a faster time to market for application providers.
API Testing is one of the emerging technologies in testing. It enables testers to test web services and applications, which use APIs as their interface. Verify that the API (Application Programming Interface) handles every possible scenario, such as success and failure cases.
- Mobile Application Testing: Mobile devices are widely used worldwide, and apps have often become very popular among users. They enable us to do things such as pay bills, send money to friends and family, and even shop without visiting a store. With that in mind, this results in an increased number of mobile application users which means more time spent testing applications.
It enables testers to test any app testing software accessible to the end-user via a mobile device. It ensures that the application works, but it also identifies compatibility issues with other applications your users are using.
- Cloud Testing: Cloud computing provides many opportunities for businesses in terms of cost-effectiveness and scalability. Users can connect to their data anywhere at any time; this brings security risks for companies where cloud testing comes in.
It enables testers to test any software that has been moved to a public or private cloud-based infrastructure, such as Software as a Service. In addition, it ensures that all applications work correctly when connected from different points around the world.
- Testing of Multiple Devices: Mobile devices are widely used worldwide, and apps often become very popular among users. They enable us to do things such as pay bills, send money to friends and family, and even shop without visiting a store. With that in mind, this results in an increased number of mobile application users which means more time spent testing applications.
It enables testers to test any software that is accessible to the end-user via a mobile device. It ensures that the application works, but it also identifies compatibility issues with other applications your users are using.
- Big Data: As more and more data is created, the need to gather and structure it becomes an increasing priority. It has become clear that this is one of the most significant challenges we face today.
It enables testers to access and track huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, which helps them make better business decisions.
You can’t wait for the future to happen. It’s happening right now in labs worldwide, and it’s changing everything about how we live our daily lives. Some of these emerging technologies are already here. In contrast, others are still being developed by brilliant minds who are pioneering new ideas.
HikeQA can help you identify these trends so your product or service will be one of the best out there. If you need assistance with mobile testing experience or any other end-to-end testing solutions, like automated functional tests, load/performance tests, test automation tools, or anything related to software quality assurance services, contact us today!