When it comes to Software Testing, usability and User Experience Testing are very closely related and one is often misunderstood with the other. In this Blog we will discuss the importance and difference between both the types of Software Testing.
Usability Software Testing
It refers to the extent by which the application is convenient to use, bugs free and gives satisfactory results. The more usability errors or mistakes you make, the less number of users you get. It can be understood as a part of User experience which mainly focuses on functionality of the application.
- Usability Testing verifies the efficiency of the application or Software.
- It is done to ensure the comfort level and user satisfaction from the product.
- Usability Software Testing is done to resolve any issues that are identified while using the application.
- It is done to ensure the application’s functionality and working.
- Usability test is performed to measure the product’s flexibility in carrying basic functions.
- This test is also important to gauge the overall design of the product and provide any inputs that can improvise it further.
- Usability testing is done to check whether the users are able to understand the product without extra learning.
User Experience Testing
It can be understood as how the user interacts with the application and what his experience is while using it. There are several criteria on which the user experience depends such as the expectation from the product, application’s interface, its functions, brand value etc.
- User experience testing evaluates and verifies how the Software or Application interacts with the user.
- User Testing is important because it helps to improve and enhance the interface of the product you are using.
- This testing is conducted by the clients or end users before releasing the product to evaluate how easy and convenient the application is while using.
- It measures whether the application or software is engaging enough for the users.
- User Testing ensures that the product is fun to use and gives an enriched experience to its customers.
- User Experience Testing is crucial to enhance the overall feeling while using the product.
While Usability Testing is considered to be a part of User Testing and its focused on several factors, the user experience testing is quite broad. Hike QA is a renowned Software Testing Company which offers various testing services such as mobile application testing, regression testing, software performance testing etc.